For those of you reading me for the first time. I am a solo parent so getting out etc to destress is out of the question for me so what do I do instead? READ
For me reading is a great cheap escape. I love to read! What are my sources for books? First the local library, then Value Village, then I belong to two great sources for Canucks to get free books. First is the First Look program offered by Harper Collins and the other is the Harper Collins Reading Club on Facebook.
This week I finished reading Laura Lippman’s newest novel Another Thing to Fall. This book I got for free through the Reading Club. I really enjoyed the book and having gotten it for free just made it better.
One of the other ways I get free books is contesting….
So do you want a great spring destressor? A FREE Book? I am having a blog contest this month… 4 reads are up for grabs…all I got either cheap or free over the last month from varying sources.
1. Laura Lippman’s Another Thing to Fall
2. Eckhart Tolle’s A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose
3.Sophie Kinsella’s Remember Me?
4.Don Piper’s 90 Minutes in Heaven
Here are the rules
1. Open to Canadian and US residents only.
2. To enter you must leave a comment on any post I make in the month of April.
3. You must let me know which book you would like . One comment is equal to one entry into that book’s draw.
4.Blog or post this wee contest online and tell me about it and you get an extra entry.
5. Contest closes April 30th at 10 pm EST. Draws for all 4 books will be held on May 1st. Winners can read about their win here and contact me on or after May1st. So you will want to read the winners list.If you have a blog it will be linked to in that post. Iwill contact winners later that day. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
6.You do not have to be a blogger to win, but you must have some way for me to contact you.
So hopefully I can pass some great reads along! Well destressing and reading go hand in hand and work well for me. Going to go and read now what is working well for others over at Rocks in my Dryer