Here in Toronto many of us parents are waking up to a 4 day weekend with our children. Roo’s school has a Teacher Development Day today so she is off and on Monday we celebrate our new Satuatory holiday Family Day..So What do we do with the kids? Besides argue about computer time that…
Here in Toronto there are a number of things that are discounted especially on Mondaythat are great for kids, or even tweens like mine..
1. Casa Loma is letting kids in free with paying adult
2. If you are like me your child got a coupon for a free admit one child at the ROM. They have a really cool dinosaur display on right now.
3.At the Zoo Admission if half price.
4. There is a Family Day festival in the Beaches –It is scheduled to be outdoor fun but if it is COLD it will be moved indoor..
5. There is always the Bata Shoe Museum which is offering crafts for the kids..and admission is free.
6. Then there is one of our favorite places- Riverdale farm where the admission is free too.
Then there are the things that you can do closer to home….
7. How about going for a skate? All our local rinks have leisure skates and they are free.
8. We will be going tobogganing..with all the snow we have getting lately why not get out and have some fun it, just make sure you bundle up.
9. With this being reading month why not hit up you local library but not on Monday they are closed.
Now if you really don’t want to brave the outside world and want to stay home there is plenty to do inside..
10. You can bake something together–why not break out a recipe and bake together..Roo and I are making muffins.
11. Break out the craft supplies and see who can make the zaniest art piece
12. Make play-dough and create a sculpture of your family
13. Play board games
14. Have a movie marathon of family favorites( we are doing this tonight).
So there is lots to do even for us
cheap frugal parents. So take time and enjoy your children this weekend. I know it is something you wont regret!