Do you ever feel overwhelmed by everything that keeps you busy as you try to be that good frugal mom? Well this morning I am a tired mom with a cold. I think this week with the long list of tasks I gave myself I over did it..After all what did I really get done? Here is my list of tasks done:
- Finished class lists for about 3/4 of my daughter’s school( school is 600+ students)
- Reviewed Daughters IEP and test scores and work portfolio in attempt to be ready to meet daughters teacher.
- cleaned out under stairs storage area
- decluttered and purged Roo’s bedroom
- applied for 8 jobs and interviewed for 2.
- Made 3 Christmas gifts
- read and reviewed book for First Look
- scrapped 12 pages for Roo’s scrapbook
- deep cleaned fridge and stove
- reorganize coupons
- attended one day conference on parent involvement
- researched curriculum for grades 3 and 4 so I can supplement Roo at home
- Babysat for a friend who really was in a pinch
- Baked 3 dozen cookies
- shop for one Christmas pres that I have to mail.
This plus all the normal day to day stuff of being a solo flying parent. So this morning I am sipping ginger tea and trying to get a wee bit of energy. I have already vetoed our trip to the Santa Claus Parade though as I don’t think I could handle it with the how I am feeling. So do we as mom’s ever really over do it? and how do you stop yourself from overdoing it?
Christmas Tip#8: When you are getting busy this season remember to get some R and R time in too! We need down time!
Gratitude: Today I am thankful for a lil girl who loves to be a nurse!